Primary Transition Workshops
The transition from one class to another in primary school can be a tricky time especially after a long break from school.
Join AuTC for a parent workshop addressing the potential issues and providing practical solutions including managing worries and concerns and preparing a passport about your child.
You can choose between a Wednesday afternoon or evening workshop
*IMPORTANT NOTE: THESE WORKSHOPS WILL BE ONLINE GROUP EVENTS USING ZOOM
YOU WILL NEED AN INTERNET ENABLED DEVICE WITH A CAMERA FACILITY
For the foreseeable future AuTC have switched entirely to working through the video conferencing platform Zoom and it is proving to be very successful in our sessions with pupils, students and parents so far.
You will need an internet connected device with a camera facility to take part.
We abide by ‘Zoom etiquette’ for all our sessions, as if people talk over each other it can be very difficult to hear anything.
- please put your hand up (or use the ‘wave’ reaction) when you want to join in the discussion, and wait for the specialist to ask you
- do use the ‘thumbs up’ reaction if you agree with a point that has been made
- If you have a question, please type it into the chat box and the specialist will answer at an appropriate point.
- If you need to talk to someone in your room (such as to sort out a child or whatever) please temporarily mute yourself beforehand!
- We are pretty relaxed about people coming and going, there is an option to turn off your video if you need to, in these times everyone has to be flexible.